To prioritize the health and safety of all athletes, volunteers, and staff we are taking preventative measures and implementing the following guidelines and protocols for all in-person events:
- Do not participate if:
– you are feeling sick or ill,
– have a fever or experiencing flu-like symptoms, or
– you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Individuals from high risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- Participants are encouraged to defer, not attend, or switch to a virtual event if they’re experiencing any symptoms.
RACE DAY COVID PROTOCOLS
- Unvaccinated individuals – Please wear a face covering/mask when around others.
- Social distancing – Please stay at least 6’ from others.
- Face coverings/masks – AreREQUIRED when in the start/finish areas.
- Face coverings/masks – AreNOT required when actively running/walking the race.
- Staff and volunteers – Will be wearing a face covering/mask (and gloves if necessary) while working in areas that interaction with athletes.
- Hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are available around the race venue.
- Participant limits will be reduced according the state and CDC guidelines.
- Practice social distancing – ensure appropriate spacing between athletes, volunteers, and staff at all times.
- To minimize large groups, all participants will start the race in a corral. This reduces the number of participants in proximity of each other, as well as the number of people in the start and finish areas at a given time.
- Corral assignments are based upon the estimated finish time given at registration.
- Corral assignments cannot be changed after a specified date. Please see the website for details.
- Where hydration is offered on the course, it will be to supplement what the participant has. Volunteers will not hand the participant a cup. Cups will be placed on a table approximately 8-10 inches apart. The participant will be responsible for taking a cup and discarding it in a trash can.
- Please practice course etiquette.
- Announce when passing another athlete to allow for maximum space.
- Run/walk single-file, not two or three abreast unless there is ample public space to do so.
- Dispose of waste in proper receptacles.
- Lower volume in earbuds or use just one to maintain ability to hear other participants, volunteers or race officials.
- Do not linger. Finishers will not be permitted to “wait for someone” in the finish area. Please keep moving forward when you finish so participants behind you have the same opportunity to finish that you did. If you must wait for someone, please plan to meet up at the vehicle you came to the race in.
CHANGES TO GUIDELINES AND PROTOCOLS
As guidelines and protocols updated and/or revised, participants will be notified by the email given at registration. Updates will also be added to this page.