DO I HAVE TO BE AN EXPERIENCED ATHLETE TO PARTICIPATE?
Nope. There are plenty of awesome events out there to test your pace. However, The Creep N Crawl is a fun run that you can experience with friends and family. You are free to run, jog, walk, or cavort along the course!
I AM NEW TO ROAD RACING. ARE THERE RULES I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?
The Road Runners Club of America has developed some guidelines to follow so that every participant (no matter the pace) has an enjoyable time. Here are a few rules/guideline that can help:
- Run against traffic if running on the road. If running on the sidewalk or multi-use trails, travel on the right and pass on the left.
- Never run more than two abreast if you are running in a group. Don’t be a road or trail hog.
- Don’t run down the middle of the road or trail.
- If you are running an out-and-back route, don’t just make a sudden u-turn at your turn around point. Stop, step to the right to allow oncoming traffic the opportunity to pass. Ensure the road or trail is clear of oncoming traffic (other runners, cyclists, in-line skaters, etc.) then make your u-turn. Making a sudden u-turn without looking over your shoulder is a good way to get hit.
- Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice.
- Be alert on blind curves.
- Stop at stop signs and ensure oncoming traffic yields to you before proceeding across a road. Don’t assume cars will stop if you are entering a cross walk.
- Respect private property along your route. Don’t relieve yourself in the neighbor’s bushes.
- Don’t litter. If you can’t find a trash can, carry your trash home.
WHAT IS A RACE PACKET?
The race packet is a general term for the items needed to participate in a race. In our case, the race packet is the participant shirt, timing tag and race number. You will not be permitted on the course without a race number.
HOW DO I GET MY RACE PACKET?
You must pick up your race packet on race day at the registration tent between 3:00 pm and 4:45 pm. Please bring a photo ID that matches your registration.
We do not mail 10K, 5K or Lil’ Monster Dash race packets.
Ghost Race participants packets will be mailed out race week and will not be at packet pick up.
WHEN AND WHERE IS PACKET PICK UP?
Saturday, October 26
3 pm to 4:45 pm
Registration Tent at Two Rivers Park
CAN I REGISTER RACE DAY?
Yes. If the race is not sold out you can register at the registration tent at Two Rivers Parks. Race day registration is more expensive than early registrations. Only cash or check will accepted race day.
HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS CAN REGISTER?
Lil’ Monsters 75
Ghost Race 75
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
There are no age limits. We encourage participants of all ages to join us. Lil’ Monsters Dash is for children under 10 years of age.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH MY REGISTRATION?
10K & 5K Participants:
- Long sleeve dri-fit participant shirt
- Costume contest
- Custom race number
- Plentiful course support and aid stations
- A wonderfully creepy course
- First 800 finishers receive a finisher’s medal (click here to see it)
- Post-race festivities with food, refreshments and music
- Long sleeve dri fit participant shirt
- Custom race number
- Custom Finisher’s medal (click here to see it)
Lil’ Monsters Dash:
- Cotton shirt
- Race number
- Treat bag
5K, 10K and ghost shirts are a dri-fit technical unisex technical shirt. Sizes are not guaranteed after October 1.
CAN I BRING MY CAT/DOG/FROG?
For the safety of all our participants and volunteers, pets of any kind are not allowed, except for those trained as service pets to assist with persons with disabilities.
HOW FAR IS A 10K?
A 10K race is 6.2 miles.
HOW FAR IS A 5K?
A 5K race is 3.1 miles.
I’VE NEVER RUN BEFORE. DO YOU HAVE ANY TRAINING TIPS?
We welcome runners and walkers of all abilities to participate. If you want to try running/jogging/walking, a free training program designed by the coaches of the Little Rock Marathon might be right for you.
To learn more about free training, CLICK HERE. But remember, even if you are a novice runner and cannot run the entire race once you get to race day, walkers are encouraged to participate as well!
IS THE RACE TIMED?
Both the 10K and 5K will be timed using a disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions. Official “gun” time results available at the results tent with live scrolling results on TV Monitors and touch screen kiosks.
IS THE CREEP ‘N CRAWL WALKER FRIENDLY?
Yes, we will have plenty of participants that will walk. If you plan to walk the race, please line up behind participants that plan to run.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT?
10K – 2 hours
5K – 1 hour
CAN I PARTICIPATE WITH HEADPHONES OR EARBUDS?
Headphones are not allowed. We realize that some will not follow this rule. Use extreme precaution when doing so during the race event for safety reasons.
IS THERE A FINISHER’S MEDAL?
Yes. The first 800 10K/5K finishers will be awarded at the finish line. Virtual participants will receive their medal in the mail.
ARE THERE AWARDS?
The top 10 men and top 10 women of each race will be recognized at the finish line. There are NO age group awards. Awards will not be mailed.
Costume Contest Awards:
One award per category. Besides bragging rights, winners will receive a beautiful award courtesy of Hasty Awards and a free race entry to any 2020 Run Local event.
HOW DOES THE COSTUME CONTEST WORK?
A great part of the Creep ‘N Crawl is the funny and creative costumes that participants come up with. Some run the 5K — while others run 10K all decked out in their Halloween costumes!
We invite you to do the same (with one tip, you might want to practice running in it before race day)!
Categories include (1 prize each):
- Best Costume Overall
- Individual Male
- Individual Female
- Couple (2 individuals)
- Group (3 or more individuals)
- Individual Boy (12 and under)
- Individual Girl (12 and under)
Winners will be announced around 7 pm.
WHAT ARE THE COSTUME CONTEST RULES?
- You must be a registered participant and complete the race in your costume to be eligible.
- Groups and Pairs must present themselves to the judges table together to be eligible. Judges will be at the start/finish line.
- Groups and Pairs must pick a team captain and a team name, which will be used for judging.
- You must have a race number visible to be eligible for the Costume Contest and please keep your race bib number on for winner announcements.
- You must be present at the awards ceremony to win.
- Judges will be looking for originality, authenticity, overall theme, and craftsmanship. Being “in character” is always a plus!
WHERE DO I PARK ON RACE DAY?
Parking will be limited so please try to carpool. Volunteers will be on hand to make sure you get packed correctly. Please watch for parking signs and the volunteers.
WHERE CAN I FIND RESULTS AFTER THE RACE?
Race results will be posted on the website after the race.
Have another question? Please E-Mail.